Sunday, December 29, 2013

Reflections...What am I reflecting?

"Reflections"
(c) 2013 Karen Todd

 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was....if anyone among you thinks he is religious, and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this one's religion is useless.... James 1:23-24; 26
Unfortunately, this verse seems to sum up so much of what I have seen, experienced and accomplished over this past year. Have we forgotten what kind of man or woman we are? Have we been quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger? (James 1:19-20) I haven't always.

I think I know why. I haven't been like the man spoken of in Psalm 1:2-3
...but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and in His law he meditates (thinks intently) day and night. He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water that brings forth its fruit in its season, whose leaf also shall not wither, and whatever he does shall prosper.

When we think hard about something it changes us and it effects our words. ...out of the abundance of our hearts, our mouths speak (Matthew 12:34b)

So what am I reflecting? Am I reflecting a godly woman who hasn't forgotten that I am an ambassador for Christ or am I reflecting a self-centered, world woman who has forgotten who I am and more importantly, whose I am? I want to change this in the new year. I don't expect to become perfect at it because I will never be perfect at it but I want to be proactive about growing. I want to be prosperous in the things that are important.




6 comments:

  1. Amen! well said and I can relate!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Karen. I have always appreciated your wisdom as an arrow pointing us to Christ.
    Love, Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Roberta! thanks so much for your words of encouragement! It is so good to hear from you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am joining you in desiring more and more of Jesus!! You have been such an encourager of my soul in the past...thank you! I am praying for you and your family. you had a wedding recently, right? May the Lord bless and sanctify this young couple in grace and spirit and in truth to the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ!
    Warm hugs to you, Karen :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not surprised at all that you desire more and more of Jesus! :) Thanks so much for your prayers and especially for my daughter and new son-in-law! Praying the same for you and your family, dear Jacqueline! <3

    ReplyDelete

For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. John 3:17 This is great news!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...