Thursday, July 19, 2012

Look what I found!!

Pressed Lobelia from "Lobelia Garden"

I did some searching around on-line and found a 10 week bible study called "The Promised One: Seeing Jesus in Genesis" by Nancy Guthrie. I was so excited to find this!
I remember a few years ago, we were going through the book of Revelation, the last book in the New Testament, and the very first night when I read, "The Revelation of Jesus Christ..." those words stuck out to me and I realized that what I was going to be reading and studying, would reveal Jesus Christ. I would be able to see Him more clearly by reading and studying this book.

I had always thought (and heard) that this book was about the end times and when Jesus would return. The focus of my thoughts went from wondering what was going to happen here on earth during that period of time, to "wow" who is this Jesus Christ, the Alpha and the Omega, the Almighty...the returning King...?

With that same excitement, I'm looking forward to "seeing" Jesus in Genesis, because He is there and He is in every other book throughout the bible. So, whether we end up using this study for our women's bible study or not, I will definitely be pouring over it's pages.

Nancy Guthrie has other studies as well:
Book 1: "The Promised One: Seeing Jesus in Genesis"
Book 2: "The Wisdom of God: Seeing Jesus in the Psalms and Wisdom Books
Book 3: "The Lamb of God: Seeing Jesus in Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy

All three of these are 10 week studies.

If you have already read The Promised One, please feel free to share what you thought about it!

2 comments:

  1. oh that sounds like a good study! My small group is wrapping up our Charles Stanley one about protecting today's families from spiritual bondages and I'm already praying about which study to do next....I'll look into this one! I've never done this author before :)thanks for sharing about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning, Faith! If you want to learn more about Nancy Guthrie, you can google for her. I found her website and thought she looked like someone who was solid. She also has DVD's with 40 minute sessions to go along with the study. I will let you know what I think about them. Watching a DVD will give me a quicker view into the material. We just finished "Lies Women Believe and the Truth that Sets them free" by Nancy Leigh DeMoss. That was very good and she also had a DVD with 4 sessions on it. Thanks for coming over! :)

    ReplyDelete

For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. John 3:17 This is great news!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...