Thursday, April 18, 2013

Our Awesome God...


Here is a quote from the blog of Paul Tripp:

"Psalm 27: Why would God ever answer me?" (click here to read the rest of the post)
"Hear my voice when I call, O Lord; be merciful to me and answer me." (v.7a)

I never get used to the moment by moment miracle of prayer. It's an amazing thing that God would ever even once listen to me, let alone answer! In little moments and big, again and again, I choose my own kingdom over his. I often run to him for help for messes that in my foolishness and rebellion I've made. I've no righteousness to present as an argument that he should hear me. I've no autonomous wisdom that I can present as a reason for his attention. I've no independent track record of good deeds that would get his attention. I've often been more fickle than loyal. I often justify my sin rather than seek his forgiveness. I struggle with being more attracted to the temporary pleasures of this physical world than I am committed to godly living.
How true this quote is for all of us...What an awesome and merciful God we serve whose loving kindness is so abundant...
"Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession.

For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.

Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need."
Hebrews 4:14-16

It has struck me lately that many times we go to prayer and we pour out our petitions and our requests, but we leave not really having spent time with the Lord. Are we going to Him just to "dump" or are we going to Him because we long to be with Him? Do we even realize that when we come He is there seeing, knowing and listening to us?

I want to encourage us today, to go in faith, believing that He hears our prayers. We don't know how or when He will answer, but we can know that He has heard and that He loves us and ALWAYS does things that are best for us, who love Him.

Would you join me today in seeking Him? Let's seek HIM and not what He can do for us. If you haven't done this in a while (just sought Him), confess it to Him and ask that He would stir up that desire again in you. He desires to have fellowship with us.

He is looking for those who will worship "Him" in "Spirit" and "Truth"...do you see Him...Father,  Jesus the Son and the Holy Spirit?

"Let all those who seek You rejoice and be glad in You; Let such as love Your salvation say continually, 'The Lord be magnified!' Psalm 40:16

4 comments:

  1. "For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin." This is one of my favorite scriptures! I love it when you share...your words are always so full of loving exhortation. Blessings to your household, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was excellent! it matches and summarizes a little of what my friends and I talked about recently in small group. How we need to delight in the presence of God and practice the presence of God in prayer...not just bringing to Him our petitions or intercessions but our PRAISE for WHO HE IS!! Oh how patient He is with us...How merciful and full of grace. Thanks for posting this. Sorry I haven't visited in awhile....busy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jacqueline and Faith! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment and to encourage me! I'm so glad that what I have shared has been a blessing to you. Thanks so much, Jacque! Faith, Thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen,
    I have re-read your post and it is still just as encouraging as before! I say Amen! The more I age, the more I am impressed by His nearness! Let us not minimize Him!! We serve a mighty God!
    Love to you, sister! Thank you for coming and visiting me :)

    ReplyDelete

For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. John 3:17 This is great news!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...